Summer Language Processing Camp
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Category: Kids & Families, Community Event
Contact: Shari Weisz 701.777.3864
Contact Dept: Communication
290 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
What is the Purpose of the Processing Camp?
The goal of the Summer Processing Camp is to provide intervention and instruction to children with processing disorders. Upon completion of the SLPC, child participants will:
Improve their language processing skills.
Gain an understanding of how their brain uses sensory information.
Learn strategies and evaluate their learning so that they are better able to self-advocate for their learning needs in a classroom setting.
Who Can Participate?
Children, ages 7 to 12 years, with processing disorders are invited to attend the camp. This includes kids with:
1. language processing problems,
2. auditory processing deficits and/or
3. reading difficulties.
When is the camp?
The camp will run from June 17, 2014 to July 24, 2014 from 12:30-2:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What are the costs?
The fee for the Summer Processing Camp is $85. This includes two hours of instruction twice a week for 6 weeks. To register for camp, please contact the clinic at 701-777-3232.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Denim Day (All Day)
- Summer Orientation (All Day)
- Summer Speech, Language & Hearing Clinic (8 AM)
- INMED (8 AM)
- Additive Manufacturing Seminar (8:30 AM)
- Volleyball All Skills Camps I & II (9 AM)
- Lego® Robotic Intro Camp (9 AM)
- Summer Art Camp (9:30 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Swim North Dakota (10 AM)
- Summer Storytime (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)Burgers on the Boulevard (11 AM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers (12:15 PM)
- Lego® Robotic Advanced Camp (1 PM)
- Brent Thomson Doctoral Examination (1 PM)
- Grand Forks Library Board Meeting (3 PM)
- Zip Step Hustle (5 PM)
- Northern Ink Writers Group (6 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Tabata I (7:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)