Friday, May 16, 2014 9 AM - 11 AM
The UASRCC is tasked with reviewing and approving research using unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) conducted by any members of the University, including faculty, staff, and students.
UND requires that research projects involving UAS be approved by the UASRCC prior to the initiation of any research activities. Of particular concern to the UASRCC is any project that will be flying in the vicinity of populated areas and/or intends to record images, video, or audio of members of the general public as part of the proposed research. The committee will consider the ethical consequences of the proposed research and apply community standards in determining whether a research project may be approved as submitted or may require modifications before approval will be granted.
If you are unsure whether your research requires review by the UASRCC, contact the Office of Research Development & Compliance at 777.4278 for assistance. You may also find information at UND.edu/research/resources/uas-research-compliance-committee.cfm.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- CoBPA Candidate Visit - Margaret Williams (All Day)
- Semester Examination Period (All Day)
- Softball at NCAA Regionals (All Day)
- Women's Track & Field at Big Sky Outdoor Championship (All Day)
- Men's Track & Field at Big Sky Outdoor Championship (All Day)
- Denim Day (All Day)
- Asbestos Supervisor Initial ETI Course (8 AM)
- Family Mediation Seminar (8 AM)
- Asbestos Supervisor Initial (8 AM)
- Student Involvement & Leadership director candidate forum - Sara Kaiser (10:15 AM)
- Northland Community & Technical College Commencement (11 AM)
- (editor's pick)Nursing Master's Hooding Ceremony (1 PM)
- Yoga Renewal (3:15 PM)
- Between Cycling & Me (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Order of the Engineer (4 PM)
- UND Baseball at Sacramento State (5 PM)
- (editor's pick)Nursing Undergraduate Pinning Ceremony (6 PM)