(editor's pick)Summer Concerts in the Garden
Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6 PM
Cost: Six tickets for $55 , $10 at the door
Category: Community Event, Concert / Live Music
Contact: matt wallace 701.777.4812
Contact Dept: North Dakota Museum of Art
North Dakota Museum of Art
261 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The 8th Annual Concerts in the Garden will kick off on Tuesday, June 24, with Barbara Jean backed by her full band. Guests are invited to bring a lawn chair or a blanket and take a place in the Museum's sculpture garden.
Gates open at 5:30. Erik Koskinen will take the stage at 6 pm, followed by Barbara Jean at 7 pm. Tickets are $10, or season ticket packets for $55. Packets are only available until 5 pm the day before each show.
Barbara Jean grew up immersed in a world of music. Inheriting a musical legacy passed from grandmother to mother to daughter, she honed her early gift for the violin into a sharp eye for songwriting and a skilled hand as a multi-instrumentalist playing banjo, fiddle and viola. Calling Minnesota’s North Shore home for the better part of the last decade Barbara Jean crafted her debut record, The Great Escape. No Depression writer Easy Ed says, “When listening I hear the sound of middle America; the kind that runs from deep in Texas over to the Mississippi River, and up through the plains to the flat lands of Iowa and the icy cold snow and winters of Minnesota.”
Parking is Free. Tickets are not concert specific and can be used for any concert in the series. To purchase tickets call 701.777.4195.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Summer Orientation (All Day)
- 31st Annual International Aerospace Camp (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Summer Reading Camp (8 AM)
- Summer Speech, Language & Hearing Clinic (8 AM)
- INMED (8 AM)
- Lego® Robotic Intro Camp (9 AM)
- Computer Processing Camp (9 AM)
- Running, Reading, & Reconciling Key Finance Reports in PeopleSoft (9 AM)
- Summer Art Camp (9:30 AM)
- Preschool Storytime (10 AM)
- Swim North Dakota (10 AM)
- Football Team Camp (11 AM)
- Summer Language Processing Camp (12:30 PM)
- Girl's Elite Basketball Camp (4 PM)
- INSANITY (5 PM)
- enCORE (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)STEM Café: Drones in Surveillance & Privacy (7 PM)