(editor's pick)Summer Concerts in the Garden Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6 PM - 10 PM
Cost: Six tickets for $55 , $10 at the door
Category: Concert / Live Music
Contact: matt wallace 701.777.4812
Contact Dept: North Dakota Museum of Art
North Dakota Museum of Art
261 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds is an eight-piece powerhouse that puts a modern spin on classic soul. The band is led by Arleigh Kincheloe (Sister Sparrow), whose astoundingly powerful voice and sly demeanor make for a spellbinding presence onstage. She is backed by the mighty force of The Dirty Birds, a flock of seven men who masterfully lay down thundering grooves and soaring melodies. Sister Sparrow has shared the stage with Donald Fagen (Steely Dan) and Warren Haynes, played with Gov’t Mule at the Beacon Theatre in New York, and opened for The Avett Brothers, Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue, Counting Crows, and Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings.
Guests are invited to bring a lawn chair or a blanket and take a place in the Museum's sculpture garden.Gates open at 5:30. Tickets are $10, or season ticket packets for $55. Packets are only available until 5 pm the day before each show. Parking is free.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Summer Orientation (All Day)
- Summer Speech, Language & Hearing Clinic (8 AM)
- INMED (8 AM)
- Volleyball All Skills Camps I & II (9 AM)
- Lego® Robotic Intro Camp (9 AM)
- Summer Art Camp (9:30 AM)
- Preschool Storytime (10 AM)
- Swim North Dakota (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)UND Summer Grad Expo (11 AM)
- Summer Language Processing Camp (12:30 PM)
- Lego® Robotic Advanced Camp (1 PM)
- Craig Silvernagel Doctoral Examination (2 PM)
- Insanity (5 PM)
- enCORE (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Great Reads Book Club (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Movies in the Park (9 PM)