The Fireman's Ball and Lil' Miss Hot Pants Pageant
Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Category: Community Event, Theater Event
Contact: Kathleen Coudle-King 701.746.8071
Contact Dept: Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre
423 Bruce Avenue
Grand Forks, ND 58201
The Greater Grand Forks Community is throwing a ball -- The Fireman's Ball. And they're hosting the Lil' Miss Hot Pants Pageant to boot!
This interactive dinner theatre is a unique event, not to be missed. The Community Theatre is raising much needed funds to repair the brick work on their 109-year old Fire Hall Theatre, so they're doing what they do best -- theatre!
The plot: Fire Chief Ira O'Malley is retiring, and he's announcing the heir to his hose, his son, Junior. The Chief's Russian wife could not be more pleased -- "Finally, I get out of dis Siberia!" Lt. Nelson is not too thrilled, as he thinks he's more deserving of the title, and Junior -- Well, Junior has his own heartfelt announcement to make, and it's not going to sit well with papa. Meanwhile, the 2014 Lil' Miss Hot Pants Pageant is underway. Four finalists have been announced, and these girls are competitive! The feathers are going to fly tonight, folks, but YOU get to decide who wins. Yep, little ole you. So, embrace the power of playing judge for the night, wear your ugliest formal attire and come out to . . . THE FIREMAN'S BALL!
Tickets must be purchased in advance either on the website or by mailing a check for $50 per person (includes dinner, live music, and the show) to GGFCT, 412 N 2nd Avenue; GF 58203. When you book a table for 8, you and your guests receive 2 bottles of wine or 2 bottles of sparkling juice. Cash bar available. Food catered by Joe Blacks (vegetarian pasta dish included).
Other Events on This Day
- Deadline: "Final Report on Candidate" Form (All Day)
- (editor's pick)Deadline: Submission for Publishing Thesis/Dissertation (All Day)
- 2014 ND Summer Hockey Camp Week 2 (All Day)
- Alice Animation Advanced Camp (9 AM)
- Young Scientists and Engineers Academy (9 AM)
- Summer Art Camp (9:30 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Swim North Dakota (10 AM)
- Lego® Rebotic Advanced Camp (1 PM)
- Boy's Basketball Summer Little Hoopers (1 PM)
- GFPL Summer Reading Program Final Party! (2 PM)
- Insanity (5 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- CYCLExpress (6:15 PM)