Beginner Weight Lifting - Group Personal Training
Monday, March 6, 2017 5 PM - 6 PM
Category: Health & Wellness
Contact: Stephanie Hoffman 701.777.2943
Contact Dept: Health & Wellness, Wellness Center
801 Princeton St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Name: Beginner Weight Lifting
Area: Personal Training
Activity: Group Personal Training
Beginner Weight Lifting is a class designed to teach you the basics of weight training. Beginners will work with nationally certified personal trainers to learn the benefits of weight training, proper weight lifting techniques & how to structure an effective weight training session.
What you can expect?
- In a few sessions you can expect to feel more comfortable/confident on the weight floor.
- You will be taken through a program that includes learning general knowledge behind the benefits of weight lifting as well as getting to participate in hands on lifting.
- You will engage in an opportunity to learn both bar and free weight lifts.
- Come to learn, gain confidence and most importantly have FUN!
Class is held Monday and Thursday , 5-6 pm
- Feb 16
- Feb 23
- Feb 27
- March 2
- March 6
Cost: $15 ($3 per class)
Class Limit: 8 spots available
Register HERE by 2/15/17 @ noon.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Cross-Cycle (6 AM)
- Active Learning Series Session 1: Overview of Active Learning (9 AM)
- Free QiGong (4:45 PM)
- Qi Gong and Meditation (4:45 PM)
- Simple & Nutritious Smoothies: Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie (5:30 PM)
- Meditation (5:30 PM)
- TONE (6 PM)
- enCORE (7 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8 PM)
- Astronomy Public Talk (8 PM)