UND Writers Conference: Viet Thanh Nguyen Reading
Wednesday, March 22, 2017 8 PM
Join us at the 48th Annual UND Writers Conference, “Citizen,” featuring a reading by Viet Thanh Nguyen.
Viet Thanh Nguyen’s novel The Sympathizer is a New York Times best seller and won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. Other honors include the Dayton Literary Peace Prize, the Edgar Award for Best First Novel from the Mystery Writers of America, the Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction from the American Library Association, the First Novel Prize from the Center for Fiction, a Gold Medal in First Fiction from the California Book Awards, and the Asian/Pacific American Literature Award from the Asian/Pacific American Librarian Association.
His other books are Nothing Ever Dies: Vietnam and the Memory of War (a finalist for the National Book Award in nonfiction and the National Book Critics Circle Award in General Nonfiction) and Race and Resistance: Literature and Politics in Asian America. He is the Aerol Arnold Chair of English and Professor of American Studies and Ethnicity at the University of Southern California. His next book is a short story collection, The Refugees, forthcoming in February 2017 from Grove Press.
Read more about Viet and his work at http://vietnguyen.info/.
Free parking available.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Pilates (6:30 AM)
- Mold 8-hr (8 AM)
- Active Learning Series Session 4: Flipping the classroom (9 AM)
- Snow Country Prison (9 AM)
- Baby Storytime (10 AM)
- Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- UND Writers Conference: Public Reading (10 AM)
- FIDC Committee Meeting (11 AM)
- CRCS Science Cafe: "Helpful Hydrogels: A Useful Tool for Hands-on Learning" (11 AM)
- Host-Pathogen CoBRE speaker (12 PM)
- Provost’s Open Office Hours (12 PM)
- Sitting Meditation (12 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Panel "Refuge" (12 PM)
- Free meditation (12 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Film "Journey from the Fall" (1:30 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Mai Der Vang Reading (4 PM)
- Tabata (5 PM)
- Cheap, Fast & Healthy: Banana Oatmeal Pancakes (5:30 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (5:45 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Film "The Split Horn: The Life of a Hmong Shaman" (6 PM)
- Classic Re-Reads Book Club (7 PM)
- Turbokick (7 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8 PM)