UND Writers Conference: NoViolet Bulawayo Reading
Thursday, March 23, 2017 8 PM
Join us at the 48th Annual UND Writers Conference, “Citizen,” featuring a reading by NoViolet Bulawayo, who is also this year's featured author for Greater Grand Forks Reads.
NoViolet Bulawayo won the 2014 PEN-Hemingway Award, the 2011 Caine Prize for African Writing, and the inaugural Etisalat Prize for
Literature in 2014. We Need New Names was a finalist for numerous other awards, including the Man Booker Prize. NoViolet earned her MFA at Cornell University where she was a recipient of the Truman Capote Fellowship. She was a Stegner Fellow at Stanford University, where she now teaches as a Jones Lecturer in Fiction. NoViolet grew up in Zimbabwe.
You can read more about NoViolet and her work at http://novioletbulawayo.com/.
Event is free and open to the public. Free parking available.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Snow Country Prison (All Day)
- Wake UP & Cycle (5:45 AM)
- Sunrise Yoga (6 AM)
- Zen in 10 (9 AM)
- Zen in 10 (9:30 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- UND Writers Conference: Public Reading (10 AM)
- Zen in 10 (10:10 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10:30 AM)
- Zen in 10 (10:40 AM)
- CRCS Science Cafe: “Extreme Weather of the Northern Plains” (11 AM)
- Zen in 10 (11:15 AM)
- Zen in 10 (11:15 AM)
- Dean's Hour: Marvin Konstam, MD, FACC (12 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Panel "Voices" (12 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Jeff Shotts Presentation (2 PM)
- Senate Curriculum Committee Meeting (4 PM)
- Minecraft Mania (4 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Layli Long Soldier Reading (4 PM)
- Voices of the Valley Reading (6 PM)
- UND Music Wind Ensemble concert at the NDMEA Conference (7:30 PM)
- GGF READS: A Reading by NoViolet Bulawayo (8 PM)
- XaBeat (8 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)