UND Writers Conference: Jennine Capó Crucet Reading
Friday, March 24, 2017 8 PM
Join us at the 48th Annual UND Writers Conference, “Citizen,” featuring a reading by Jennine Capó Crucet.
Jennine Capó Crucet is the author of the novel Make Your Home Among Strangers from St. Martin’s Press,winner of the Best Latino Themed Fiction Book at the 18th International Latino Book Award and long-listed for the Center for Fiction First Novel Prize. Her story collection, How to Leave Hialeah, won the Iowa Short Fiction Prize, the John Gardner Book Award, the Devil’s Kitchen Reading Award, and was named a Best Book of the Year by the Miami Herald, the Miami New Times, and the Latinidad List.
A winner of an O. Henry Prize and a Bread Loaf Fellow, Crucet’s writing has appeared in Guernica, Ploughshares, Epoch, The Rumpus, Prairie Schooner, and other magazines. She was recently the Winter 2013/14 Picador Guest Professor at the Institute for American Studies at the University of Leipzig, Germany. Originally from Miami, she is an assistant professor of English and Ethnic Studies at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln.
You can read more about Jennine and her work at http://jennine-crucet.squarespace.com/.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Denim Spirit Day (All Day)
- Snow Country Prison (9 AM)
- UND Writers Conference: Public Reading (10 AM)
- CRCS Science Cafe: “Fractal Dimension of Remotely Sensed Data” (11 AM)
- Drop In and Knit (12 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Panel "Community" (12 PM)
- Crockpot Cooking: Chicken Fajitas (12:30 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Film "Reel Injun" (2 PM)
- UND Music All Voice Studio Recital (3 PM)
- Summer Mini-Project Grants (3:15 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Mario Ybarra, Jr. Presentation (4 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Film "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" (6 PM)
- Community Orchestra (7:30 PM)
- Jay Owenhouse (7:30 PM)