Barriers to Reentry? A Labor Market Perspective on Mass Incarceration
Thursday, February 23, 2017 4 PM - 5 PM
The 2017 Phi Beta Kappa Visiting Scholar, David F. Weiman, Barnard College is presenting his lecture "Barriers to Reentry? A Labor Market Perspective on Mass Incarceration" scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 23 at 4:00 p.m. in the Education Building, Room 7.
David F. Weiman is the Lena Wels Hirschorn '58 Professor of Economics and faculty director of Barnard's Innovative Empirical Reasoning Center. In 2014 he was honored with the Economic History Association's Hughes Prize for Excellence in Teaching Economic History. He specializes in 19th- & 20th-century U.S. economic history and the political economy of contemporary U.S. criminal justice policy. His current research focuses on the evolution of the U.S. banking-monetary system. Among his recent publications are "Political Limits to the Fed's Goal of a Common National Bank Money," "Main Street and Wall Street, a forthcoming coauthored book "Toward a More Perfect Monetary Union," and writings on the the origins and labor market impacts of the regime of mass incarceration.
The Phi Beta Kappa Visiting Scholar is sponsored by: UND's Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the UND departments of Economics & Finance and Criminal Justice, the UND Honors Program, the UND College of Arts & Sciences, and the UND College of Business & Public Administration.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Sunrise Yoga (6 AM)
- Asbestos Project Designer Initial (8 AM)
- Zen in 10 (9 AM)
- Zen in 10 (9:30 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Thank a Donor Day (10 AM)
- Zen in 10 (10:10 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10:30 AM)
- Zen in 10 (10:40 AM)
- Spirit Week:Thank-a-Donor Day (11 AM)
- Zen in 10 (11:15 AM)
- Dean's Hour: Thomas Schwenk, MD (12 PM)
- SIDP Cluster Grants (12 PM)
- Thank-A-Thon/Award Presentation (12:10 PM)
- Senate Curriculum Committee Meeting (4 PM)
- Minecraft Mania (4 PM)
- Black History Month Theme Dinner (4:30 PM)
- Beginner Weight Lifting - Group Personal Training (5 PM)
- Vegan Cooking: Vegan Sushi (5:30 PM)
- TONE (6 PM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6 PM)
- Women & Weights - Group Personal Training (6 PM)
- GGF READS Film: Mandela; Long Walk to Freedom (7 PM)
- The Nether (7:30 PM)
- UND Music Concert Choir Concert (7:30 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)