Friday, March 24, 2017 7:30 PM
Cost: VIP - $71/$41/$31
Category: Kids & Families
Contact: Betty Allan 701.777.2170
Contact Dept: Chester Fritz Auditorium
Chester Fritz Auditorium
3475 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Jay Owenhouse, a legendary escape artists and one of the most awarded illusionists in history, appears in Grand Forks for one night only in “Dare to Believe!”, an illusion spectacular. The show has been voted by audiences and critics alike “One of the Top 10 Live Shows in America”. Jay has amazed millions on T.V. in “Master’s of Illusions” and ‘Magic on the Edge’. The Salt Lake Tribune calls him “Simply Amazing!” and The Tokyo Times calls the elaborate production “Truly Magic, a Must See!”. Jay welcomes you into his mysterious world of wonder and the impossible. You will experience a night of grand illusions with the most amazing magic in the world, Bengal tigers up close, dangerous escapes, and inspiring storytelling. Seeing Owenhouse live is an evening that will leave you breathless with a feeling of childhood wonder that “anything is possible!”.
Owenhouse spent 2008 touring China and Japan, Where Jay’s show received the “Best Touring Family Show in Asia”-award. Now back in the U.S. He is working on his New T.V. Series and receiving critical acclaim for his live show “Dare to Believe!”
Caught by the magic bug at four years old, Owenhouse first performed as a freshman in high school. Since then, in the spirit of “giving it away to keep it,” he’s invented magic effects and designed illusions not only for his show, but also for other magicians of world renown.
Come See Why- Hollywood entertainment journalist, Mark Ebner, calls The Magic of Jay Owenhouse, “[With apologies to PT Barnum] the greatest touring Family show on earth.”
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Denim Spirit Day (All Day)
- Snow Country Prison (9 AM)
- UND Writers Conference: Public Reading (10 AM)
- CRCS Science Cafe: “Fractal Dimension of Remotely Sensed Data” (11 AM)
- Drop In and Knit (12 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Panel "Community" (12 PM)
- Crockpot Cooking: Chicken Fajitas (12:30 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Film "Reel Injun" (2 PM)
- UND Music All Voice Studio Recital (3 PM)
- Summer Mini-Project Grants (3:15 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Mario Ybarra, Jr. Presentation (4 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Film "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" (6 PM)
- Community Orchestra (7:30 PM)
- UND Writers Conference: Jennine Capó Crucet Reading (8 PM)