2017 Chemistry Abbott Lectures
Friday, April 7, 2017 7 PM
Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Kimberly Myrum 701.777.6789
Contact Dept: UND Chemistry Department
151 Cornell St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
This event has been canceled.
This year’s Chemistry Department Abbott Lectures will be given by Dr. Jonathan V. Sweedler, James R. Eiszner Family Endowed Chair in Chemistry at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Dr. Yarkony will give two lectures: the first presentation, titled “From corals to humans, the common chemicals connecting our brains.” will be given on Thursday April 6, at 7:00 PM in Abbott Hall 101. This presentation is intended for a scientifically interested general audience. A reception will follow in Abbott Hall 232. He will also be presenting a research talk, titled “New Tools for Single Cell Chemical Characterization of the Brain.” at noon on Friday, April 7, in Abbott Hall 138. All are welcome to both lectures.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- S/U Grading for Full-Term Course (All Day)
- Last Day to Drop/Withdraw (All Day)
- Denim Spirit Day (All Day)
- Zemer Peled's Suspension and Susana Amundarain paintings (All Day)
- Helen Hamilton Day (8 AM)
- Lead Inspector Risk Assessor Initial (8 AM)
- Snow Country Prison (9 AM)
- Zemer Peled's Suspension and Susana Amundarain Paintings (9 AM)
- Drop In and Knit (12 PM)
- Crockpot Cooking: Beef Ravioli Lasagna (12:30 PM)
- Summer Mini-Project Grants (3:15 PM)
- Community Orchestra (7:30 PM)