Move for Justice
Friday, May 19, 2017 12 AM - 11 PM
Cost: varies - see Fargo Marathon website
Category: Health & Wellness, Community Event, Special Event
Contact: Chris Cerney 701.552.1461
Contact Dept: Phi Alpha Delta
Please refer to event description for location details
The inaugural Move for Justice is aimed at 4 primary goals: (1) to build awareness of the need for providing legal services to low-income and elderly populations, (2) to create another unifying event for the law school, legal community, and our friends and allies, (3) t o raise funds for Legal Services of North Dakota (LSND), and (4) to create a law school running event.
This year's Move for Justice will take place with the Fargo Marathon events that are scheduled for May 19th and 20th. Those events are:
5K event (3.1 miles) starting at 6:30pm on Friday, May 19th
Full Marathon (26.2 miles) and RELAYS starting at 7:00am on Saturday, May 20th (NOTE: if you are signing up for a relay, please consider naming your relay "Move for Justice - (insert your relay team name here).")
Half Marathon (13.1 miles) starting at 7:15am on Saturday, May 20th
10K event (6.2 miles) starting at 7:30am on Saturday, May 20th
There are different ways to participate and we encourage everyone to participate in at least 1 of these 3 ways:
1) Sign up for any of the Fargo Marathon events. Events take place from May 15th - 20th, but we are highlighting the events on Friday and Saturday as our main events. You can find more information about these events and register for them at http://www.fargomarathon.com/. (NOTE: if you are signing up for a relay, please consider naming your relay "Move for Justice - (insert you relay team name here).") Once registered, sign up for the Move for Justice at http://signup.com/go/y9XLTD and we will then send you iron-on patches to adhere to the clothing you plan to wear during your event(s).
2) Make a donation to LSND at http://www.legalassist.org/?id=28. Mention Move for Justice in the comment field for an online donation or on the Memo/For line if sending in a check.
3) Actively fundraise.
Please contact Chris Cerney at email@example.com with questions about the Move for Justice.
Other Events on This Day
- Denim Spirit Day (All Day)
- Zemer Peled's Suspension and Susana Amundarain paintings (All Day)
- Scaffolding & Fall Protection (8 AM)
- Snow Country Prison (9 AM)
- Zemer Peled's Suspension and Susana Amundarain Paintings (9 AM)
- Mollie Douthit Paintings (9 AM)
- Drop In and Knit (12 PM)
- Teaching Writing in Large Classes Summer Workshop (12:30 PM)
- Trenching & Excavating Safety (1 PM)