Move for Justice
Saturday, May 20, 2017 12 AM - 11 PM
Cost: varies - see Fargo Marathon website
Category: Health & Wellness, Community Event, Special Event
Contact: Chris Cerney 701.552.1461
Contact Dept: Phi Alpha Delta
Please refer to event description for location details
The inaugural Move for Justice is aimed at 4 primary goals: (1) to build awareness of the need for providing legal services to low-income and elderly populations, (2) to create another unifying event for the law school, legal community, and our friends and allies, (3) to raise funds for Legal Services of North Dakota (LSND), and (4) to create a law school running event.
This year's Move for Justice will take place with the Fargo Marathon events that are scheduled for May 19th and 20th. Those events are:
5K event (3.1 miles) starting at 6:30pm on Friday, May 19th
Full Marathon (26.2 miles) and RELAYS starting at 7:00am on Saturday, May 20th (NOTE: if you are signing up for a relay, please consider naming your relay "Move for Justice - (insert your relay team name here).")
Half Marathon (13.1 miles) starting at 7:15am on Saturday, May 20th
10K event (6.2 miles) starting at 7:30am on Saturday, May 20th
There are different ways to participate and we encourage everyone to participate in at least 1 of these 3 ways:
1) Sign up for any of the Fargo Marathon events. Events take place from May 15th - 20th, but we are highlighting the events on Friday and Saturday as our main events. You can find more information about these events and register for them at http://www.fargomarathon.com/. (NOTE: if you are signing up for a relay, please consider naming your relay "Move for Justice - (insert your relay team name here).") Once registered, sign up for the Move for Justice at http://signup.com/go/y9XLTD and we will then send you iron-on patches to adhere to the clothing you plan to wear during your event(s).
2) Make a donation to LSND at http://www.legalassist.org/?id=28. Mention Move for Justice in the comment field for an online donation or on the Memo/For line if sending in a check.
3) Actively fundraise.
Please contact Chris Cerney at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the Move for Justice.
Other Events on This Day
- Zemer Peled's Suspension and Susana Amundarain paintings (All Day)
- Snow Country Prison (9 AM)
- Zemer Peled's Suspension and Susana Amundarain Paintings (9 AM)
- Teaching Writing in Large Classes Summer Workshop (12:30 PM)
- Mollie Douthit Paintings (1 PM)
- Grand Forks Public Library Free Movie Event! (2 PM)
- Pasley Ballet School Recital (6 PM)