Flood Anthology Book Release Event
Thursday, April 20, 2017 6 PM - 7 PM
Community Event, Culture, Museum / Gallery Exhibit
Contact: David Haeselin 701.777.4344
Contact Dept: University of North Dakota
Rhombus Guys Brewery
312 Kittson Ave
Grand Forks, ND 58203
The Digital Press @ the University of North Dakota is proud to announce the publication of Haunted by Waters, an anthology written, collected, and edited by Dr. David Haeselin and students from the writing, editing, and publishing certificate program in UND’s English department. Including new additions from various contributors and archival documents, this anthology explores the Greater Grand Forks area twenty years after the devastating Red River of the North flood of 1997.
A book release event is scheduled for Thursday, April 20 at 6:00 p.m. at Rhombus Guys Brewing Company, 116 S. Third Street.
This release is being planned in coordination with the city of Grand Forks’ twentieth anniversary observation. At this event, student editors will discuss their experiences editing the book and how building their sense of memory about the flood has changed the way they see Grand Forks and the University.
Read more about the book here: Haunted By Waters.
And check out WDAZ's coverage of the book here.
Other Events on This Day
- Zemer Peled's Suspension and Susana Amundarain paintings (All Day)
- Wake UP & Cycle (5:45 AM)
- Sunrise Yoga (6 AM)
- HAZWOPER 8-hr Refresher (8 AM)
- Snow Country Prison (9 AM)
- Zemer Peled's Suspension and Susana Amundarain Paintings (9 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10:30 AM)
- Dean's Hour: Eric Campbell, PhD (12 PM)
- Active Learning Series Session 3: Developing Activities (2:30 PM)
- Art Exhbitions at Chester Fritz Library Reception (3 PM)
- Summer Mini-Project Grants (3:15 PM)
- Vegan Cooking: Vegan Pot Pie (5:30 PM)
- GFPL Animanga Club (6 PM)
- Blackbird (7:30 PM)
- UND Music Percussion Ensemble (8 PM)
- ISA Time Out Week (8 PM)
- XaBeat (8 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)