Getting Started with Blackboard
Thursday, July 13, 2017 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Elizabeth Becker 701.777.2737
Contact Dept: CILT
370 Oxford St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
This workshop will guide participants through the basic tasks and decisions required to set up a course. Participants will walk through the process of creating a Course Menu and Content areas from planning to adding and organizing links designed to provide students with information they need to be successful learners. Participants will also learn to customize their course to add visual interest and address pedagogical requirements. Start-up tasks include defining navigation, creating content, and adding announcements. Assessment formats such as assignments, collaboration and tests will be demonstrated. Student interactions such as discussion boards, blogs, journals or wikis will also be introduced. This workshop is for individuals who are new to Blackboard.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Mollie Douthit Paintings (9 AM)
- cScibot Lego® Robotic Camp (9 AM)
- NDMOA Summer Art Camp - Rousseau's Jungle with Sheila Dalgliesh (9:30 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10:30 AM)
- Alice Animation Intro Camp (1 PM)
- Creating Surveys in Qualtrics (Advanced) (2:30 PM)
- "Between The Panels" Graphic Novel Book Club (6 PM)
- 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (7:30 PM)