LGBTQ+ Ally 101: Introduction to the LGBTQ+ Community
Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2 PM - 4 PM
Contact: Chris Schlarb 701.777.3231
Contact Dept: Pride Center
231 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The LGBTQ+ Ally Program is committed to increasing understanding and awareness around how to foster an inclusive and welcoming climate for the LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and more) community. The LGBTQ+ Ally training consists of two workshops (101 & 102), you must complete both to receive the LGBTQ+ Ally placard.
•LGBTQ+ Ally 101: Introduction to the LGBTQ+ Community
This training includes: sexual and gender identity terminology, the gender continuum, transgender identities and gender neutral pronouns.
•LGBTQ+ Ally 102: Becoming an Ally
This training includes: what an individual can do to support students, friends, and colleagues who may identify as LGBTQ+, challenges that LGBTQ+ individuals may encounter, inclusive language, data, and case scenarios.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Environmental Injustice: Flint Water Crisis (4:25 AM)
- Sunrise Yoga (6 AM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Into the Weeds (9 AM)
- Marley Kaul: Meditation Suite 2017 (9 AM)
- Zen in 10 (9 AM)
- Zen in 10 (9:30 AM)
- Qualtrics for Peer/Group Assessment (9:30 AM)
- Using Qualtrics for Peer Evaluations and In-class Presentations (9:30 AM)
- PreSchool Storytime (10 AM)
- Career Services Workshops (10 AM)
- 5-Star Sleep (10 AM)
- Zen in 10 (10:10 AM)
- Zen in 10 (10:40 AM)
- "Stack the Stage" 2017 (11 AM)
- Creating Surveys in Qualtrics (Beginner) (11 AM)
- Zen in 10 (11:15 AM)
- "Who Done It" Book Club (12 PM)
- Political Roundtable: Let's Talk Across the Aisle (12:10 PM)
- Career Services Workshops (1:30 PM)
- Active Learning Series Session 3: Developing Activities (1:30 PM)
- XaBeat (5 PM)
- Zumba (6 PM)
- This & That Book Club (7 PM)
- EnCORE (7 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)