Graphic Radicals: 30 Years of World War 3 Illustrated
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11 AM
Graphic Radicals is a 30th anniversary retrospective of World War 3 Illustrated, an independently published political comic magazine founded in 1980 by artists Seth Tobocman and Peter Kuper. Comprised of original comics drawings and paintings, posters, commissioned murals, documentary film, animation and a complete set of issues, Graphic Radicals will be the largest World War 3 Illustrated exhibition to date and will highlight the history that the magazine has scrutinized, documented and participated in for three decades. UND is proud to present this Special Exhibition, which originated in New York City at the Exit Art Cultural Center.
Col. Eugene E. Myers Art Gallery - Hughes Fine Art Center
University of North Dakota
Gallery Hours - Monday-Thursday - 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Third Street Gallery
310 Kittson Ave. Grand Forks, ND
Gallery Hours - Monday - Thursday - noon to 4 p.m.
Artist's Reception: Wednesday, Oct. 26
- Col. Eugene E. Myers Art Gallery 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- Third Street Gallery: 7 to 9 p.m.
This project is supported in part by a grant from the North Dakota Council on the Arts, which received funding from the state legislature and the National Endowment of the Arts, as well as, The Department of Art and Design, The Communication Program, the College of Arts & Sciences, the Office of the Provost and The Myers Foundation.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Walking Challenge for staff and faculty (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:30 AM)
- Angel Investing Workshop (8 AM)
- Keep Going (9 AM)
- (editor's pick)2011 Arts and Culture Conference (9:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)Seth Tobocman Artist Lecture (9:30 AM)
- Preschool Story Time (10 AM)
- Healthy UND Annual Meeting (11:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)Sabrina Jones Artist Lecture (12:30 PM)
- CIA Information Session (2 PM)
- WW3 Panel featuring Peter Kuper, Seth Tobocman and Sabrina Jones (3 PM)
- Weight Watchers 17 week series (4:45 PM)
- (editor's pick)Wellness Center 5th Birthday Open House (5 PM)
- Zumba (30 min) (5 PM)
- CIA Information Session (5 PM)
- CIA Student Info Session (5 PM)
- First Timers Cycling (5:15 PM)
- Tuesday Wine Club (5:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Black Cat Bash (5:30 PM)
- Halliburton Energy Services Info Session (5:30 PM)
- Halliburton Student Info Session (5:30 PM)
- TurboKick (5:45 PM)
- Peace Corps Info Session (6 PM)
- Peace Corps Student Info Session (6 PM)
- Abs Blast! (7 PM)
- Cycling with GLEE! (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Computer Music: Art and Application (7 PM)
- CIA Information Session (7 PM)
- Zumba (7:45 PM)
- (editor's pick)Public Relativity Lecture (8 PM)
- Swing Dance (9 PM)