Biology Faculty Candidate Seminar - Tyler Evans
Friday, January 20, 2012 12 PM - 1 PM
Tyler Evans, a faculty candidate for the Animal Physiology position in the Biology Department, will present a seminar titled "Genomic Approaches to Environmental Physiology: climate change to conservation" at noon Friday, Jan. 20, in 141 Starcher Hall.
Tyler Evans is an environmental physiologist interested in determining how shifts in abiotic variables affect organism function. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Saskatchewan where he studied the role of heat shock proteins in zebrafish development. His postdoctoral research at Stanford University, Fisheries and Oceans Canada and the University of California Santa Barbara has centered around the potential for genomic tools to inform issues related to climate change. His seminar will describe his recent research on coastal marine organisms, including the effects of ocean acidification on the purple sea urchin, the impacts of global warming on migrating salmon and the role of heat stress in regulating the biogeography of native and invasive marine mussels.
Everyone is welcome to attend.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Honor Band & Choir Festival (All Day)
- Altru's Pursuit of Wellness Registration (All Day)
- Specialty Group Exercise Registration (1 AM)
- Ski UND (6 AM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- "Winged Shadows: Life Among Birds" Art Exhibition (9 AM)
- Zumba (12 PM)
- Medical Park Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Special Blackboard Session for GTAs (1 PM)
- Honor Band and Choir Student Showcase (4 PM)
- PiYo Strength (4:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Greater Grand Forks Young Professionals Annual Launch (5 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Pond Hockey Tournament (6 PM)
- Author Signing (6 PM)
- Women's Hockey - UND vs St. Cloud State (7 PM)
- Family Night (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Alice in Wonderland Ballet (7 PM)
- Late Night Skate (8:30 PM)
- Night Life Welcome Back Weekend (9 PM)