Chester Fritz Auditorium
3475 University Ave., Grand Forks, ND 58202
Monday -Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm and during events
701.777.4090Go to Chester Fritz Auditorium's Facebook
The Chester Fritz Auditorium promotes the performing arts and provides the region with a facility to accommodate a wide variety of uses. The Chester Fritz Auditorium enhances the life of the University and region by sponsoring shows, hosting regional events and supporting local productions.
In 1965 Chester Fritz, a University of North Dakota (UND) alumnus, gave UND one million dollars towards the construction of a "distinctive auditorium" on the campus. A matching appropriation of $1 million from the State of North Dakota and another $1 million in private donations completed funding for the impressive Chester Fritz Auditorium.
Today the University of North Dakota is the site of the Chester Fritz Auditorium, one of the finest and most unique buildings in the state and the surrounding area. All types of live entertainment from professional music groups, dance companies, and theater groups to local folk artists and singing groups perform on its stage.
Tickets may be purchased by the following methods:
- At the Chester Fritz Auditorium Box Office from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. University Ave. & Yale Drive in Grand Forks, ND. Information only (701) 777-4090.
- At any Ticketmaster Outlet - Hugos (East Grand Forks or 32nd Ave only) or Wal-mart (GF or Fargo).
- Ticketmaster Phone Toll Free 1-800-745-3000.
- Online at www.ticketmaster.com/venue/49273
- By fax (to the CFA Box Office) 701-777-4710
As the University of North Dakota continues to grow and develop, parking for special events has become increasingly challenging. As you plan your trip to the Fritz to enjoy your favorite shows, some important tips to keep in mind include:
- Come early. Leaving yourself ample time to park and get into the auditorium is recommended. The earlier you arrive, the better you parking options will be.
- Car pool if necessary. The number of parking spaces at the Fritz is limited. The fewer cars competing for these spaces the better for everyone involved.
- The Fritz will once again have preferred parking options available for purchase. Please inquire with the Box Office if you are interested in Friend of the Fritz parking.
Other Chester Fritz Auditorium Events
- (editor's pick)Celtic WomanJune 5, 3 PM
- (editor's pick)Girls State GraduationJune 10, 11:45 AM
- Awareness of Ethics and the Elimination of Bias in Law - Justice Alan PageJune 16, 8:30 AM
- Diversity and Bias in the Profession - Paulette Brown panelJune 16, 10:15 AM
- Tim HawkinsSeptember 10, 7 PM
- Celtic ThunderSeptember 28, 7:30 PM
- MEA/NDEA Open HouseOctober 20, 8 AM - 4:30 PM
- MEA/NDEA Open HouseOctober 21, 8 AM - 4:30 PM
- John MellencampNovember 4, 7:30 PM
- Mannheim SteamrollerNovember 22, 7:30 PM