Mediation Seminars: Civil/Employment Mediation
Discover the potential of Transformative Mediation for resolving workplace and community disputes!
The Conflict Resolution Center (CRC) offers Civil/Employment Mediation seminars every year to anyone interested in transforming workplace culture. Learn new or add to your existing skills in working more effectively with conflict at work, in your community, neighborhoods and with small claims and civil cases as a party to conflict as well as a third-party mediator. Gain comfort in handling conflict between co-workers, supervisors, and management. Rather than ignore the conflict and hope it goes away, learn how to facilitate difficult conversations and work toward understanding and better decisions.
Our Civil/Employment Mediation seminar will cover:
- Understanding the dynamics of conflict
- Impact of conflict on the workplace, human interaction and relationships
- Improving one-on-one interactions and communication
- Transformative Mediation Theory
- Role of empowerment and recognition
- Mediator skills and interventions
A significant portion of the seminar is also devoted to mediation practice where you will be able to practice your skills and receive instant feedback from one of our experienced coaches.
Our Workplace Mediation seminars meet the requirements for Alternative Dispute Resolution training in North Dakota and Minnesota.
- Participants are eligible for the ND and MN Supreme Court neutral rosters
- Participants are eligible for 2 Continuing Education graduate credits, (COUN 900, workshop-seminar credits) through the University of North Dakota 's Continuing Education Department (Cost $100)
- Attorneys are eligible for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits and Ethics credits in North Dakota and in Minnesota
- CEU's are available and pre-approved for counselors, social workers, and Human Resource professionals