Family Mediation Seminars
Transforming Family Conflict
Interested in mediation? The Conflict Resolution Center (CRC) offers Family Mediation seminars every year to teach people transformative mediation skills. Learn new or add to your existing skills in working with all kinds of family conflict in your role as a counselor, social worker, attorney, educator or family member. Gain comfort in handling stressful family conflicts between parents and family members.
Learn the skills necessary to become a family mediator during one of our Family Mediation seminars. Our Family Mediation seminar will cover:
- Understanding the dynamics of conflict
- Impact of family conflict and divorce on parents and children
- Transformative Mediation Theory
- Role of empowerment and recognition
- Mediator skills and interventions
- Domestic violence issues
- Role of family law in mediation
A significant portion of the seminar is also devoted to mediation practice where you will be able to practice your skills and receive instant feedback from one of our experienced coaches.
Discover the potential of Transformative Mediation for resolving family and divorce conflicts!
Our Family Mediation seminars meet the requirements for Alternative Dispute Resolution training in North Dakota and Minnesota.
- Participants are eligible for the ND and MN Supreme Court neutral rosters
- Participants are eligible for 2 Continuing Education graduate credits, (COUN 900, workshop-seminar credits) through the University of North Dakota 's Continuing Education Department (Cost $100)
- Attorneys are eligible for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits and Ethics credits in North Dakota and in Minnesota
- CEU's are available and pre-approved for counselors and social workers