UND Founders Day - The 130th Anniversary
UND Founders Day - February 28, 2013
2013 Founders Day Honorees Sought
Employees with 25 years of service and retiring faculty and staff employees will be honored at the banquet as guests of the university. We request the assistance of all administrators, vice presidents, deans, department chairs, directors, and other supervisors in identifying eligible employees.
To prepare for Founders Day 2013, we request the following information:
1. Names of faculty and staff members who have completed 25 years of service to UND.
- To be honored, individuals must have completed 25 years of service since July 1, 2012 or will complete it by June 30, 2013. (In most cases, these people would have begun their employment at UND between July 1, 1987, and June 30, 1988.)
- Please note that individuals eligible for 25-year recognition whose service at UND has not been continuous may have begun their employment prior to July 1, 1987. In those cases, documentation of cumulative years of service is requested.
- Recognition for 25 years of service is given to all benefited employees, even though they may not be employed on a full-time basis. Please include names of benefited, part-time employees who will complete 25 years of service between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013.
2. Names of retired and retiring faculty and staff. To be honored, individuals must:
- have retired since July 1, 2012 or will retire by June 30, 2013;
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of service to the university;
- be (or have been) full-time employees or in a benefited, part-time position at the time of retirement (or be completing an approved "phased" retirement);and,
- be making application for or receiving benefits through a UND-related retirement plan.
It is important that your list of eligible honorees include the following information:
- name of the employee
- position/faculty rank currently held
- department or unit
- initial appointment date
- mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address for the employee
- dates of any breaks in service (please identify whether these breaks in service were compensated such as a developmental leave or a leave of absence without compensation)date of retirement (if applicable)
Please submit the names of eligible individuals and supporting information to Jan Flatin in the Office of the Ceremonies and Special Events, 264 Centennial Dr., Stop 7140, email@example.com by Friday, November 16, 2012. Please call 777-2724 with any questions about employee eligibility or about the Founders Day banquet.
Award Categories for Founders Day
Outstanding Faculty and Departmental Awards - Nominations received after the deadline will be considered next year.
For more information, contact the Office of Ceremonies & Special Events, Stop 8179; Telephone 777-2724; Fax 777-4616, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.