Cell phones & Conferencing Dialing Features Headsets Rates Student Services
Telephone System Features
(click on a feature name for details and instructions)
- When you call a number and the call is not answered or you hear a busy signal, activate this feature and the system will call you when the person is off the phone or uses the phone.
- This places another (2nd) number onto your phone.
- This will redirect all incoming calls immediately to a specified number.
- This will redirect all incoming calls if you are on your phone or after 3 rings if no answer.
- This places an active call on hold.
- Allows you to pick-up a phone that is ringing if the phone is in your pickup group.
- Use this to find people on the phone system by spelling out their name, last name first. If you spell out the entire last name and still have not found the person, press the numeral "1" then using the keypad spell out their first name.
- This will ring your cell phone and office phone simultaneously.
- If you have to leave your office allows you to continue your office phone call on your cell phone.
- Allows you to the last number you dialed. (*will not dial an authcode.)
- Use this to place a call to the person you found when searching the system directory.
- This is a feature button that indicates if there is a voicemail message on a different line than your main number.
- Use this to go to the next name in phone system directory.
- This allows you to silence your ringer but let calls come into your phone.
- Sends calls to the first point of your coverage path. This is often to voicemail.
- A software phone on your computer where you can log into your office phone and use it on your computer. You can use the mic and speakers on the computer or use a headset plugged into your computer
- Send an active call to another number or add another number to a current call
- If Call Pick-up was used to answer a call, you can send the call back to the original voice mail