Policy Statement for University Residence Halls
1. The service period for all UND Telecommunications services is from the 26th of the month through the 25th of the following month.
2. It is the responsibility of the subscriber to notify UND Telecommunications before vacating the University of North Dakota. The
subscriber will be charged for services until a termination of services is received.
3. The person requesting the phone number must live in the room they are request ing service for.
4. An installation fee will be assessed to connect phone service. This charge will be included on your first bill.
5. Long distance services will be suspended if an account reaches the established credit limit (usually $150.00). Long distance services
will be reinstated upon payment of the account.
6. Subscribers will be charged for misdialed numbers unless Telecommunications is notified as soon as possible after the call was placed.
Calls answered by an answering machines and voice mail systems are considered completed calls.
7. It is considered theft of University services to:
a) Dial a number to which charges apply without an authorization code (this includes calls to ‘toll free’ numbers which charge for
their services, i.e.: psychic hotline).
b) Dial a number to which charges apply with an authorization code other than one’s own.
8. Student’s who are found to be dialing in an unauthorized manner will be charged a $50.00* fine. The case may be referred to the
9. Each person is responsible for his/her own authorization code and all calls placed with it. If a change in an authorization code is
requested, a $5.00* charge will be assessed.
10. The person responsible for all Telecommunications charges must be a registered UND student.
11. Telecommunications strongly recommends that subscribers do not share their authorization code. If sharing a code results in abuse,
the owner of the code may be fined $50.00*. The person placing the calls will be assessed the cost of the calls plus a $50.00* fine.
12. If an authorization code is lost or stolen, the subscriber must notify UND Tele communications. The subscriber will be responsible for
all charges incurred until UND Telecommunications is notified of the loss. The code will be deactivated and a new code issued.
13. UND Telecommunications reserves the right to refuse service to any individual considered to be a credit risk.
14. Calling cards from other vendors may be used; however, UND Telecommunica- tions requests the subscriber use a non-subscriber
calling card to ensure proper billing from the vendor. Calling cards may not be issued with a UND telephone number as the
card number. All calling cards assigned to UND telephone will be deactivated without notice to the subscriber.
15. Subscriber’s of UND Telecommunications Student Service may not subscribe to services provided by other vendors, such as voice
mail. Any additional telephone services subscribed to through other vendors will be deactivated without notice to the subscriber.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
**UND Telecommunications policies are subject to change at any time.