Before reporting telephone trouble to the Telecommunications Department, please check the following to help us determine the problem:
Is all modular equipment such as answering machines, computer modems, FAX machines, and cordless phones disconnected?
Did you plug a different telephone set into the jack?
Did you check the handset and wall cord to be sure both are in good working order?
If a Telecommunications technician is dispatched and the telephone problem is found to be with your equipment, you will be charged based on the current hourly rate of $44.40 for the time that it took for the repair call.
If you have determined that the telephone problem is not your phone set, cords, or other equipment, please use the following procedures for reporting the telephone problem to the Telecommunications department.
Between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Telecommunications personnel will take your trouble report and, if necessary, dispatch a technician.
Call 7-5FIX (7-5349)
After hours, weekends, and holidays, Telecommunications personnel will monitor the repair line between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. If the problem is an emergency, a technician will be dispatched as soon as possible.
Be sure to provide Telecommunications with the following information:
- Telephone number of phone with problem.
- Address (including apartment number, if applicable).
- Description of the problem.
- Type of telephone equipment.
- When someone would be available to let the technician into the residence and/or authorization for the technician to enter the apartment, if no one is available to let him/her in.
- A telephone number where you may be reached.
If you have any questions concerning the procedures for reporting telephone trouble, please call 7-4111.