How to Register Students
- Emergency Preparedness
- Parking and Transportation
When to Refer
Refer to DSS when:
- The student discloses a disability and asks for accommodations but does not have a "Verification of Need for Disability Accommodations" on DSS letterhead.
- The student appears to have a learning problem that can't be explained by poor study habits, personal problems or lack of effort.
Refer elsewhere when:
- The student has a temporary medical condition (i.e., broken arm or hand that interferes with writing). Refer to the Dean of Students for advice on how to assist the student.
- The student asks for an accommodation because he/she is experiencing test anxiety. (Test anxiety is not a disability.) Refer the student to the University Counseling Center for stress management strategies and/or Student Success Center for test preparation strategies.
- The student runs out of time on tests because English is not his/her first language. Refer the student to his/her advisor at the International Center.