How to Register Students
- Emergency Preparedness
- Parking and Transportation
The University of North Dakota is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations/academic adjustments to qualified students with disabilities to ensure there is no discrimination on the basis of disability.
- Include a disability access statement on each course syllabus.
- To verify the student is registered with DSS you may ask to see an accommodation verification document which describes how the disability affects the student in her/his courses and lists recommended accommodations for the current semester.
- Discuss and implement the student's request for reasonable accommodation.
- Consult with Disability Services for Students (DSS) if unsure how to respond to an accommodation request.
- Design flexible course/curriculum that maintains standards, but does not create barriers for those with disabilities (Universal Design). Equal Access Universal Design Instruction
- Verify a student's eligibility for reasonable accommodation
- Assist students to identify and implement specific accommodations.
- Assist faculty in providing equal access in the classroom to students with disabilities while maintaining academic standards.
- Obtain accommodation verification document from DSS.
- Request and discuss the accommodations with faculty.
- Make any necessary arrangements for the accommodations.