OSHA 510 - Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry
Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry
Call for availability
This course covers OSHA policies, procedures, and standards, as well as construction safety and health principles. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. Upon successful course completion, the student will receive an OSHA 510 certificate. This course is for personnel who will not be conducting training sessions or who need to complete the prerequisite for OSHA Course #500. Participants must pass a multiple-choice test to successfully complete this course.
How You Will Benefit
- Select the appropriate OSHA standards that apply to a hazard
- Identify elements of a successful construction safety program
- Identify the more frequently cited OSHA standards
- Implement an effective recordkeeping procedure
What is Covered
- Introduction to OSHA
- Hazard Violation Search Workshop
- Safety programs
- Hazard communication
- Health hazards in construction
- Personal protective equipment
- Fire protection and prevention
- Materials handling
- Hand and power tools
- Fall protection
- Cranes and rigging
- Motor vehicles
- Concrete construction
- Steel erection
- Underground construction
- Stairways and ladders
This course is sponsored by the University of Utah, Mountain West OSHA Training and Outreach Center, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah and hosted by the University of North Dakota, Environmental Training Institute, Grand Forks, ND. Registrations are processed by the University of Utah.
Tuition includes course materials (including a copy of the pertinent regulations), coffee breaks, and course credits. Payment IN FULL must be received prior to the start of the course.
4 Easy Ways to Register
- Telephone (801-581-4055) your registration, followed by payment or purchase order within two weeks.
- Fax (801-585-5275) your completed registration form, followed by payment or purchase order within two weeks.
- Mail completed registration form with check or company purchase order to the address on the registration form. You are considered registered when full payment or a purchase order has been received. If you expect payment delays, send completed registration form now and your payment within two weeks
- Online https://rocky.utah.edu/ce/webpages/rgstr.html
Payment must follow within two weeks.