OSHA 511 - Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
Call for availability
This course for private sector personnel covers OSHA policies, procedures, and standards, as well as general industry safety and health principles. Topics include scope and application of the OSHA general industry standards. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. Upon successful course completion, the student will receive an OSHA 511 general industry certificate.
This course is the prerequisite for OSHA Course #501 trainer course.
Participants must pass a multiple-choice test to successfully complete this course.
How Will You Benefit
Select the appropriate OSHA standards that apply to a hazard
Identify elements of a successful safety and health program
Identify the more frequently cited OSHA standards
What is Covered
- Hazard violation workshop
- Means of egress and fire protection
- Personal protective equipment
- Material handling
- Electrical safety standards and work practices
- Hazard communication
- Introduction to industrial hygiene
- Machine guarding
- Walking and working surfaces
- OSHA recordkeeping
Tuition includes course materials (including a copy of the pertinent regulations), coffee breaks, and course credits. Payment IN FULL must be received prior to the start of the course.
4 Easy Ways to Register
- Telephone (801-581-4055) your registration, followed by payment or purchase order within two weeks.
- Fax (801-585-5275) your completed registration form, followed by payment or purchase order within two weeks.
- Mail completed registration form with check or company purchase order to the address on the registration form. You are considered registered when full payment or a purchase order has been received. If you expect payment delays, send completed registration form now and your payment within two weeks
- Online https://rocky.utah.edu/ce/webpages/rgstr.html
Payment must follow within two weeks.