Education Foundation & Research
Department Chair, Chair / Professor
Qualitative Research, Gender, Sexuality, Sociology of Education, Education Policy, Politics of Education, Food Studies, Comics and Graphic Novels
Education Building Room 340
231 Centennial Drive Stop 7189
Grand Forks, ND 58202-7189
BA in English from Winthrop University
M.Ed. in English Education from Vanderbilt University
Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction from University of Wisconsin/Madison
University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Curriculum and Instruction with a Ph.D. minor in Educational Policy Studies, 2006
- Michael W. Apple, advisor
- Dissertation title: Every Good Boy Does Fine: Policy Ecology, Masculinity Politics, and the Development and Implementation of Australian Policy on the Education of Boys, 2000-2005
- Studied gender and education, discourse analysis, curriculum theory, literacy, education policy, sociology of education, and semiotics.
Vanderbilt University. Peabody College. Nashville, Tennessee.
- Master of Education, English Education, 2000
- David Bloome, advisor
- Studied sociology of education, reading education, supervision of student teachers, qualitative research, linguistics, film, and literature.
Winthrop University. Rock Hill, South Carolina.
- Bachelor of Arts, English (Magna Cum Laude) with minors in secondary education and art history, 1995