Almost forty years ago, the supporters of UND Women Studies began to organize to persuade colleagues, administrators, and the State to establish an actual program.... The first course with a consciously women studies’ orientation was taught in 1971 by one of the program’s founders, Elizabeth Hampsten, then associate professor of English.
UND Top News
- Celebration set as UND's Brekke Bygdebok Collection reaches milestone
- UND Center to host expert on Middle Eastern conflicts
- UND, CVIC agree to put confidential advocate/advisor on campus
- UND's Digital Press debuts with new work
- English-learning expert to speak at next College of Education lecture Series event, Monday, Oct. 20