Minor equipment is defined as property owned by UND with a value <$5000, which has a useful life of more than one year.
It is the responsibility of the department to track minor equipment for insurance purposes.
Minor equipment lists must be maintained for each building wherein your department has equipment. The list must be totaled for each building.
Department responsibilities for minor equipment include:
- Inform Asset Management of the location of new equipment (return C/R form to Asset Management)
- Inform Asset Management of equipment donated to your department
- Inform Asset Management of updates to equipment location changes
- Conduct annual inventory
- Prepare Equipment Transfer and Status form to move equipment between departments
- Prepare a Surplus Property form to send surplus equipment to Surplus Property