- Associate VPFO
- Budget Office
- Capital Projects & Planning
- Department of Public Safety
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources and Payroll Services
- Division Committees
- Division IT/Tech Support
- Organizational Chart
- SBHE Submissions
- Policy Office
- A-Z Policy Index
- Division Policy Index
- New & Revised Policy Updates
- Other Policy Links
- Policy Tools and Development
- Contact Us
- UND Financial Reports
- UND Financial Related (Operational Audit)
- NDUS Financial Reports
- NDUS Accountability Report
Building/Facility Access Administrative Committee Charter
Background and History
In 1992, a committee was formed to develop a key control policy. The Key Policy Administrative Committee was chartered in August 1994 by the President. In 2007, with the implementation of the card access system, this committee will address door access issues; therefore, the committee name was changed to Building/Facility Access Administrative Committee.
The Building/Facility Access Administrative Committee will be advisory to the vice president for Finance and Operations. The charter will be reviewed by the committee as needed and will provide recommendations for any charter update or amendment to the vice president for Finance and Operations for consideration.
The objective of the committee is to review existing policies and charter as needed and recommend methods to develop, implement and enforce the Access to and Security of Campus Facilities policy to the vice president for Finance and Operations.
The committee reports to the vice president for Finance and Operations. The committee will provide a written report to the vice president for Finance and Operations of any major issues that affect the University's access policy.
The committee will be composed of ten members and will include:
- Facilities Management Director
- Representative recommended by the Finance and Operations Division
- Representative recommended by the Student Affairs Division
- Representative recommended by the Research and Economic Development Division
- Representative recommended by Residence Services
- Faculty member recommended by University Senate (faculty well versed in research)
- Staff member recommended by Staff Senate
- Representative recommended by the Energy and Environmental Research Center (EERC)
- Representative recommended by the Athletic Department
- Representative recommended by the School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Associate Vice President of Public Safety/Chief of Police
The members will be appointed in writing by the vice president for Finance and Operations.
Committee membership will be reviewed annually at the time the charter is reviewed. The committee's recommendations will be forwarded to the vice president for Finance and Operations for appointment.
The director of Facilities Management will serve as the committee chair.
Subcommittees will be appointed by the chair as needed.
Relationship to other University Committees
This committee will take into account and work cooperatively with all University committees and other ad hoc committees relevant to issues relating to campus access control.
Frequency of Meetings
This committee meets as needed on issues relating to the Access to and Security of Campus Facilities policy.
Notice of Meetings/Meeting Agenda and Support Material
Members are informed in writing by the committee chair when a meeting is to be held. The agenda and supportive material will be provided at the time of the meeting.
Minutes of committee meetings will be kept and distributed to all members and the vice president for Finance and Operations.
Direct staff assistance will be provided through the Office of the Director of Facilities Management.
A simple majority will constitute the necessary quorum for official business.
Amendment to this Charter
Should any amendment to this charter be required, the appointing official will work closely with the committee to ensure the amended charter will be completed, signed, and issued with all possible haste. When initiative for such amendment comes from the committee, a written request from the chair to the appointing official will be required.
This University Committee Charter is effective as of January 31, 2001.
Revisions made May 4, 2004.
Revisions made May 31, 2007.
Revisions made May 30, 2013.
Revisions made September 3, 2013.
- Robert O. Kelley
- Alice C. Brekke
Vice President for Finance and Operations