- Associate VPFO
- Budget Office
- Capital Projects & Planning
- Chief Information Officer
- Department of Public Safety
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources and Payroll Services
- Division Committees
- Division IT/Tech Support
- Organizational Chart
- SBHE Submissions
- Policy Office
- A-Z Policy Index
- Division Policy Index
- New & Revised Policy Updates
- Other Policy Links
- Policy Tools and Development
- Contact Us
- UND Financial Reports
- UND Financial Related (Operational Audit)
- NDUS Financial Reports
- NDUS Accountability Report
Staff Personnel Advisory Committee Charter
Background and History
The committee was established in June 1997 in accordance with Section 32 of the NDUS Human Resource Policy Manual, Staff Personnel Advisory Committee.
Classification/Terms of Appointment
According to Section 32 of the NDUS Human Resource Policy Manual, "A Staff Personnel Advisory Committee may be established by the President of the institution to meet and advise on matters relating to staff personnel. The Staff Personnel Advisory Committee may recommend revisions or amendments, or review proposed revisions and amendments to these policies."
The Staff Personnel Advisory Committee is advisory to the Vice President for Finance and Operations to consider and recommend new or revised policies, procedures and processes for staff employment at the University of North Dakota; to advocate equitable and fair implementation and application of such policies, procedures and processes; and to promote communication with all UND staff employees.
The Committee reports to the Vice President for Finance and Operations.
The Committee will be composed of thirteen members who are responsible, in whole or in part, for human resource administration in their organization. The members represent all areas of the University and will include:
- Director of Personnel Services
- Assistant Director of Personnel Services
- Human Resources Officer - Personnel Services
- Director of Payroll and Risk Management
- Affirmative Action Officer
- Human Resources Manager - Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences
- Human Resources Manager - Energy and Environmental Research Center
- Personnel Assistant - Facilities
- Business Manager - Human Nutrition Research Center
- Representative from VP for Student and Outreach Services
- Representative from VP for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Representative from VP for Finance and Operations
- Representative from UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences
All members will be appointed in writing by the Vice President for Finance and Operations.
Committee membership will be reviewed annually.
The Director of Personnel Services will act as chair of the Committee.
Specific task-oriented subcommittees may be appointed by the Chair from time to time as need dictates and may include other University personnel.
Relationship to Other University Committees
This Committee will work closely and cooperatively with any other University standing or ad hoc committees and the UND Staff Senate relevant to staff personnel employment topics.
Frequency of Meetings
This Committee will meet monthly or at the call of the Chair if need dictates.
Notice of Meetings/Meeting Agenda and Support Material
Notice of meeting will be sent to members in writing and will also be posted in the Office of Personnel Services. Agenda and relevant information will be provided at the meeting.
Minutes of the Committee will be kept and distributed to all members.
Committee reports and recommendations will be prepared and appropriately distributed as ongoing Committee activities dictate.
Direct staff assistance to the Committee will be provided by the Office of Personnel Services.
A simple majority will constitute the necessary quorum for conducting official business.
Amendment to this Charter
Should any amendment to this Charter be required, the appointing official will work closely with the Committee Chair in deriving amendments suitable to all parties and the amended charter will be completed, signed, and issued with all possible haste. When initiative for such amendment comes from the Committee, a written request from the Chair to the Vice President for Finance and Operations will be required.
This University Committee Charter is effective as of September 1, 2001.
- Charles Kupchella
- Robert C. Gallager
Vice President for Finance and Operations