Revision of procedure for policy 2.23, Employee Travel: Other
Accounting Services' procedures for long distance phone calls in policy 2.23, Employee Travel: Other, have been revised.
While UND will continue to reimburse an employee engaged in business travel away from their normal place of employment for one telephone call per day to their city of residence, a receipt documenting the expense will be required. The documentation includes an invoice such as a lodging receipt showing the charge for the call or an additional charge on a personal cell phone bill. Reimbursements rates will be the actual cost of the call up to a maximum of:
- $5 per day for calls within the continental U.S.
- $10 per day for calls made from Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or Puerto Rico
- $20 per day for international calls, including Mexico
To view this policy document in its entirety (including the revised procedures), visit the Division of Finance and Operations' policy website:
- New and Revised Policy Updates: http://und.edu/finance-operations/policy-new-revised.cfm
- A-Z Policy Index: http://und.edu/finance-operations/policy-a-z-index.cfm
- Division Policy Index: http://und.edu/finance-operations/policy-division-catalog.cfm
Contact Accounting Services if you have questions: 777-2773.
Jennifer Dobrowski Rogers
Special Projects Assistant to the VPFO
Announcement Regarding New URL for ConnectND
ConnectND or System Information Technology Services (SITS) recently changed their web address, the new address is http://sits.ndus.edu/
SITS provides technology services to UND students, faculty, and staff. Those services include PeopleSoft support including HRMS Self-Service, help desk, and support of ancillary software such as Touchnet, Marketplace, resident services and parking. This web link has direct links to the help desk and PeopleSoft logins.
On Friday, June 29th, the URL for one of System Information Technology Services (SITS) changed.
The new URL is http://sits.ndus.edu/
The old URL (http://connectnd.ndus.edu/) will remain active for a short time and will redirect users to the new URL.
On the new site, there will be two links at the top right of the page.
- The green link titled "Departments" will provide a link to ConnectND.
- The green link titled "Help Desk" will take users to the Help Desk page (http://helpdesk.ndus.edu) which will have a new look and feel. This site is where Help Desk tickets can be submitted, the NDUS Account can be claimed (http://helpdesk.ndus.edu/ndusaccount/) and self-service information for changing a NDUS account ID or password is located.
Fiscal Year End Procedures
May 7, 2012
Please see the attached memo from Sharon Loiland, Controller, regarding the 2012 Fiscal Year-End Procedures.
Finance & Operations
UND Foundation FYE Procedures
May 4, 2012
Please see the attached noticed from the UND Foundation regarding fiscal year end procedures.
Financial FERPA Privacy Release Form
The Financial FERPA (privacy release) form will be updated to an electronic form as of Friday, March 9, 2012. The link to the electronic FERPA Form will be on the Student Account Services website under Student Forms > Privacy Release Form FERPA. Students will sign in with their PeopleSoft USERID and password.
Once the form is submitted, it will appear in Image Now within approximately 30 minutes so that we may assist students over the phone or via email. This will eliminate the prior need for students to mail, fax, or hand-deliver paper forms, and will enable Student Account Services and Financial Aid to assist students with their account questions much more quickly and efficiently. Student Account Services is excited to offer this feature to our students as we continue to explore the benefits of Image Now!