- Fire Safety
- Fire Safety Report
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Evacuation Maps
- Severe Weather Policy
- Extreme Heat
- Severe Thunderstorm
- Severe Weather Shelter Maps
- Tornado Safety
- Winter Storm
There are several campus playgrounds located around the University's apartments. These playgrounds are intended for use by the children living in UND Housing. All playground activities must be supervised by, and are the sole responsibility of, parents or guardians of the children occupying University apartments. When bringing a child or children to a playground, be sure to observe the following guidelines:
- Encourage children to share playground equipment by "taking turns."
- Be aware of the "toys" your children bring into the play area. Sticks, matches, glass, knives, or weapons are not allowed.
- Do not allow children to climb on trees, roofs, dumpsters, etc.
- Report any damaged equipment or hazardous conditions to your Resident Manager.
- Threatening actions, fighting, name-calling, or inappropriate language are not acceptable playground behavior.
- Teach your children that dumpsters, autos, roadways, and parking lots are "OFF LIMITS" as play areas.
- Be aware of the noise levels that your children or their playgroup is producing. Remember that others are trying to relax, study, or sleep.
- Rocks, mud balls, clay balls, sand, etc. should not be thrown.
Consequences for not abiding by these policies may include the temporary loss or permanent loss of playground privileges and/or being billed for broken or damaged equipment.
The Facilities Department Family Housing Maintenance Crew is responsible for maintaining all University apartment playgrounds. The maintenance crew performs a thorough inspection of each playground in the fall and spring of the year. Ongoing visual inspections are performed throughout the active seasons. Each apartment resident manager will perform ongoing visual inspections of the playground equipment and report any hazards to the Family Housing Maintenance Crew, 701-777-2591.