- Internal Openings
- External Openings
- Student Employment
- NDUS Openings
- SITS Openings
Alumni Career Center
Top 10 Tips for Job Seekers
Here are some helpful hints to assist you in seeking employment with the University of North Dakota:
- Read the vacancy announcement thoroughly.
- Follow the instructions carefully on the "Application Procedures" section of the position announcement.
- Fill out the application form completely. Provide detail - do not use "see resume" on your application form.
- Clearly detail how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications of the position in your cover letter. Also indicate how your education and experience relate to the summary of work.
It's very important to review the qualifications of the position that you are interested.
If your qualifications or job experience meet the position requirements, make sure your application/resume reflect it.
- Faculty positions require the application materials to be submitted directly to the hiring department.
Your application will be rejected if all application materials requested within the "Application Procedures" are not received by the specific closing date as noted within the vacancy announcement.
- Include a list of references with your resume. Do not state on your resume, "References available upon request." The best references include former managers/supervisors, co-workers, and college instructors/advisors. It's a good idea to ask your references for permission to use their names.
- Proofread all your application materials. These documents represent your first impression to the University.
Misspelled words and poor grammar do not make a good first impression.
If you are re-using cover letters or resumes, it is a good idea to make sure that it addresses who you are currently applying with – it's a bad idea to send a cover letter/resume that addresses "Fred's Tires" when you are actually applying for a job at UND.
- If you are claiming veteran's preference, provide the required documents as listed on the application form.
By following these tips, you will increase your chances of getting an interview and a job with the University of North Dakota. Good luck in your job search!