- Manager's Toolbox
- Criminal History Background Authorization Form
- EAP Newsletters
- E-Verify Information
- How to Run Queries
- HRMS Access
- HRMS Newsletters
- Interview Sample & Guidelines
- List Serves Access
- Manager Self Service
- New Hire and Transition Charts
- Peoplesoft Login
- Risk Mngmt & Workers Comp
- Supervisory Newsletters
- About Us
- Current Employees
- Change Forms
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee State Discounts
- Employee Suggestion Incentive Program
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Fraud Hotline
- Insurance Info & Forms
- Lactation Policy and Information
- Leave Forms
- Leave Information and FAQ's
- Other Resources
- Staff Holidays
- Tax Forms
- Work Well Program
- Recognition Ceremonies
- Meritorious Awards
- Meritorious Award Winners
- Ken and Toby Baker Award
- 2015 Meritorious Awards Luncheon
The Office of Human Resources provides several training programs throughout the year to enhance staff/supervisory development. These sessions are scheduled through Learning & Development. Orientation for new employees is provided on a weekly basis and includes information from the UND Campus Safety and Security, Human Resources, and Payroll Offices. Tuition waivers are another option for training provided to UND benefited employees.
- New Employee Orientation Calendar
- On-Line Harassment Training
- Claim NDUS User Account
- Self-Service Web Training
- Data Privacy Training for HRMS Access in PeopleSoft
- Fraud and Conduct Traning (for all NDUS institution employees) / Instructions
- Annual Notification of Policies Training
Professional Training Opportunities
- Learning & Development
- Employee and Eligible Family Members Tuition Waiver Policy / Employee and Eligible Family Member Tuition Waiver Form
Foreign National Employee Information
- Foreign National Form UND (Used for Non-Resident Aliens receiving honorariums, prizes, awards or other non-employee payments)
- Request Form
- UND Foreign National Information System
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get employment verification?
No information is given over the phone. Any information requested should be done either in writing to the Payroll Office or faxed to 701.777.4721. An authorization for release of information should also accompany the request; especially if the information requested is on a student. No information will be released on a student without a release authorization.
When are we paid and how often?
We are paid twice a month which is the 15th and the last day of the month. If a payday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, payday is the Friday prior to the weekend. Due to the PeopleSoft system, there is a two week lag in paychecks. Meaning, if you were hired on the first of the month, your first paycheck would be on the thirty-first.
How was my salary figured?
A salaried employee is paid from the 1st to the 15th and the 16th to the end of the month. When an employee starts work on a date other than the 1st or the 16th, the salary is figured on a percentage basis. This means the number of days worked is divided by the number of work days in the pay period.
If I change my address with you, do I need to change it with my retirement company or Blue Cross?
When you change your address with the Payroll Office, we send the change to TIAA/CREF or to NDPERS State Retirement, depending on what retirement you participate in. The change is also sent to NDPERS for your health insurance coverage.
I work for two departments. Will I receive a check from each department?
No. You will receive only one paycheck, which includes pay from all departments.
If I take a leave of absence, do my benefits continue?
Employees while on leave shall retain their years' service rights and accumulated benefits but earn no additional benefits.