- Manager's Toolbox
- Criminal Background Check
- EAP Newsletters
- E-Verify Information
- How to Run Queries
- HRMS Access
- HRMS Newsletters
- Interview Sample & Guidelines
- List Serves Access
- Manager Self Service
- New Hire and Transition Charts
- Peoplesoft Login
- Risk Mngmt & Workers Comp
- About Us
- Current Employees
- Change Forms
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee State Discounts
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Fraud Hotline
- Insurance Info & Forms
- Lactation Policy and Information
- Leave Forms
- Leave Information and FAQ's
- Other Resources
- Staff Holidays
- Tax Forms
- Work Well Program
The Office of Human Resources and Payroll Services provides several training programs throughout the year to enhance staff/supervisory development. These sessions are scheduled through the University Within the University (U2) program. Orientation for new employees is provided on a weekly basis and includes information from the UND Campus Safety and Security, Human Resources, and Payroll Offices. Tuition waivers are another option for training provided to UND benefited employees.
- New Employee Orientation Calendar
- On-Line Harassment Training
- Claim NDUS User Account
- Self-Service Web Training
- Data Privacy Training for HRMS Access in PeopleSoft
- Fraud and Conduct Tranining (for all NDUS institution employees)
Professional Training Opportunities
- U2 Program (University within a University)
- Employee and Eligible Family Member Tuition Waivers (3.4) / Tuition Waiver Form
Foreign National Employee Information
- Foreign National Form UND (Used for Non-Resident Aliens receiving honorariums, prizes, awards or other non-employee payments)
- Request Form
- UND Foreign National Information System
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get employment verification?
No information is given over the phone. Any information requested should be done either in writing to the Payroll Office or faxed to 701.777.4721 701.777.4721 . An authorization for release of information should also accompany the request; especially if the information requested is on a student. No information will be released on a student without a release authorization.
When are we paid and how often?
We are paid twice a month which is the 15th and the last day of the month. If a payday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, payday is the Friday prior to the weekend. Due to the PeopleSoft system, there is a two week lag in paychecks. Meaning, if you were hired on the first of the month, your first paycheck would be on the thirty-first.
How was my salary figured?
A salaried employee is paid from the 1st to the 15th and the 16th to the end of the month. When an employee starts work on a date other than the 1st or the 16th, the salary is figured on a percentage basis. This means the number of days worked is divided by the number of work days in the pay period.
If I change my address with you, do I need to change it with my retirement company or Blue Cross?
When you change your address with the Payroll Office, we send the change to TIAA/CREF or to NDPERS State Retirement, depending on what retirement you participate in. The change is also sent to NDPERS for your health insurance coverage.
I work for two departments. Will I receive a check from each department?
No. You will receive only one paycheck, which includes pay from all departments.
If I take a leave of absence, do my benefits continue?
Employees while on leave shall retain their years' service rights and accumulated benefits but earn no additional benefits.