- Manager's Toolbox
- Criminal History Background Check Authorization Form
- EAP Newsletters
- E-Verify Information
- How to Run Queries
- HRMS Access
- HRMS Newsletters
- Interview Sample & Guidelines
- List Serves Access
- Manager Self Service
- New Hire and Transition Charts
- Peoplesoft Login
- Risk Mngmt & Workers Comp
- Supervisory Newsletters
- About Us
Separation or Divorce
Divorce or Legal Separation
*Benefited employees must complete and return the Life Event Change Kit within 31 days from the event date.
To initate the process go to Employee Self-Service, login using your firstname.lastname and the password you have setup. Once logged in, choose Main Menu>Self-Service>Personal Information>Life Event Change. Complete and Submit the form. A Life Event Change kit will be mailed to you and you will need to return it to Payroll.
Contact the Payroll Office to change your name, if applicable.
Medical, Dental and/or Vision
If you are a medical plan, dental and/or vision plan participant, you must provide legal documentation and drop coverage for your former spouse within 31 days of the divorce, legal separation.
Group Life Insurance
You may change your beneficiary designation(s) anytime during the year. Please contact the Payroll Office 701.777.2158, regarding changes to your level of coverage.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- If you anticipate changes to your health care expenses in the upcoming months due to your change in marital status, you may want to begin participating in the Health Care FSA, or decrease your current contributions to the Health Care FSA.
- If you have children who will become your dependents as a result of a change in marital status and you anticipate day care expenses, you may want to begin participating in the Dependent Care FSA , or increase or decrease your current contributions to the Dependent Care FSA. Changes may be made within 31 days of your legal separation or divorce.
Log in to Employee Self-Service, using your firstname.lastname and the password you have setup. Once logged in, choose Main Menu>Self-Service>Personal Information>Life Event Change. Complete and Submit the form. A Life Event Change kit will be mailed to you, which will include the beneficiary forms and you will need to return it to Payroll.
- Contact TIAA-CREF 800.842.2776 directly to obtain the paperwork or complete online.
- The NDPERS Designation of Beneficiary for the Group Retirement Plan, is included in the Life Event Change kit.