- Associate VPFO
- Budget Office
- Department of Public Safety
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources and Payroll Services
- Division Committees
- Division IT/Tech Support
- Organizational Chart
- SBHE Submissions
- VPFO Ticket Giveaway
- Policy Office
- New & Revised Policy Updates
- A-Z Policy Index
- Division Policy Index
- Policy Tools and Development
- Contact Us
- Other Policy Links
- What is a Finance and Operations University policy?
- What kinds of policies does the Policy Office maintain?
- When will all of the policies be written?
- How can I get a copy of a policy?
- Can I make suggestions to improve a Finance and Operations University policy that has already been issued?
- Where do I call if I have a question on a policy?
- How can I get a Finance and Operations University policy started from my office or department?
- Where do I send questions or comments about this website?
A Finance and Operations University policy is a document that states the University’s position on a particular issue, and includes procedures for compliance.
A policy is defined by the following criteria:
- Mandates requirements of or provisions for members of the University of North Dakota community, and provides procedures for implementation;
- Has broad application throughout the University;
- Enhances the University’s mission, reduces institutional risk and/or promotes operational efficiency;
- Has been reviewed and approved by the VPFO and at his discretion, VPFO Direct Reports and/or the President’s Cabinet.
- Helps achieve compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
If a policy fits these criteria, it is a University policy. If it does not, it is a departmental, office, or division policy.
The Policy Office develops University policies that have application throughout the University and are the responsibility of Finance and Operations departments, as represented by the seven library sections: General, Finance, Human Resources, Payroll, Facilities Management, Safety & Security and IT.
The Finance and Operations Division is responsible for more than one hundred University policies. Due to the large number and the nature of the process, it is very difficult to predict an end date. Additionally, new policies are being presented on a regular basis.
Finance and Operations University policies are available to read and print in PDF form from the Finance and Operations website. Official signed versions in the new format are located in the Policy Office.
5. Can I make suggestions to improve a Finance and Operations University policy that has already been issued?
Absolutely. Feedback about policies may be sent to the Responsible Office. Typographical or other simple errors that you submit may be changed immediately. Suggested changes of a more substantive nature will be discussed with the Responsible Office, the VPFO and Policy Advisory Group, and revision to the policy will occur if/when appropriate.
All policies that have been converted to the new format (identified by index numbers) have a Contacts section directing you to the appropriate office for answers. For policies not yet converted, you may contact the department in which the policy falls under. When unclear, feel free to contact the Policy Office.
Contact the Policy Office to determine if your policy falls under the direction of Finance and Operations. The Policy Office will notify you on how to proceed. For additional information, review the Policy Tools and Development website.
Email or call the Policy Office: (701) 777-4392.