- Billing Information
- Drop/Withdrawl Policy
- Payment Options
- Tax Information
- Flight Accounts
- Financial Obligation Agreement
- Refund Deadlines
North Dakota Residency Information
Residents of North Dakota and their dependents may attend a North Dakota state institution of higher learning and pay a special tuition rate that is lower than the normal non-resident rate.
To apply for North Dakota residency, please complete the following steps:
- Review the Resident Tuition Law and Guidelines on the State Board of Higher Education website under North Dakota University System Procedures.
- Complete the North Dakota Residency Tuition Application (named Resident Tuition Rate) under Student Account Services. This form must be completed electronically. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- After completing the electronic North Dakota Residency Tuition Rate Application you need to email a scanned copy or picture of your valid ND ID/Military orders to UND.studentaccounts@UND.edu.
Check Your Rate
It is your responsibility to ensure that you were billed the correct tuition rate each term. Please check your Campus Connection account at the beginning of each term to verify that you were billed the correct tuition rate. This will allow Student Account Services to promptly make any corrections.
- Log in to Campus Connection.
- Go to "Student Center."
- Click "Finances."
- Click "Student Account Detail."
- Click "Tuition/Fees."
- Click "Account Details."
Changing Your Residency Status to North Dakota
If you are planning to change your residency status, you must apply and be approved for the residency change within 30 days of the first class day of the semester. If you successfully change your residency within this time period, your tuition amount will be eligible for adjustment to your new resident status for the current semester. Please contact Student Account Services if you have any further questions regarding residency change.
Refunds/credits will not be given for terms the student attended prior to approval of the application for the North Dakota Resident Tuition Rate. Adjustments in tuition rates will only be made for the current term; no previous terms will be adjusted unless special circumstances exist that warrant an exception to policy. All previous term tuition rate changes must be approved by UND administration.
To be considered for a past semester tuition rate adjustment, a Campus Connection Charge Appeal form must be completed. The form can be accessed using your Campus Connection ID and password at apps.UND.edu/studentforms/index.cfm.
Full-time, active duty military and their dependents; veterans and their dependents; ND National Guard members and their dependents; members of the armed forces reserve component stationed in ND and their dependents; and UND-contracted ROTC cadets may qualify for the North Dakota in-state tuition rate. Please review the North Dakota Residency Application Form to see if you qualify.