Campus ShuttleAviation Shuttle Motor Pool Reservations/RatesMotor CoachIn Case of an Accident State Fleet PolicyMission Statement Annual Report Forms RouteShout Contact Us Department of Public Safety GF/EGF Bike Trail Map
Reservations are taken from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Vehicles can be picked up 8:00 am to 4:15 pm, Monday through Friday and after hours at the Communications Center located at the Facilities Department. Only vehicles reserved in advance will be available for pick-up from the Communications Center.
Make a Reservation
Under the directive of North Dakota Risk Management and the North Dakota University System, all travel utilizing state fleet vehicles must be approved prior to reserving a vehicle. Please follow the steps below to ensure a vehicle is available for your use:
- Familiarize yourself with Finance and Operations policy 6.2, Use of State Vehicles.
- Complete the UND Vehicle Request Form in its entirety and have it signed by a “competent authority”.
Instructions to sign and email the form
- Return form to UND Transportation in a timely manner; one week in advance of travel is preferred.
- If you do not receive confirmation, do not assume a vehicle will be ready for you. Verification of your travels plans are always welcome and encouraged!
Vehicles will not be released without a completed and authorized UND vehicle request form!
* Departments reserving vehicles from sites other than UND, process the UND Vehicle Request Form as listed above. Once approved, the UND Transportation Department will make arrangements for the vehicle with the appropriate motor pool. You will receive a confirmation when this is complete.
Picking up your Vehicle
Present Your Current Drivers License.
Please note: We are required to see your driver's license each time you pick up a vehicle. If it is not valid, we cannot release the vehicle to you – no exceptions!
Returning your Vehicle
- Refuel vehicle at the State Refueling Site (South side of UND Transportation building).
- Park vehicle in appropriate lot and record ending mileage on State Fleet Services Equipment Use form (located in vehicle pouch). Sign and date it and keep the "file copy" for your records. Replace white copy into pouch.
Please note: If the vehicle is returned after hours, please put the completed pouch in the drop box located on the North side of the Transportation Building by the office door.
Per North Dakota State Fleet Policy: "The User is responsible for refueling, taking out personal refuse, and vacuuming if necessary". There is a vacuum located on the south side of the building across from the fuel pumps that can be used for this purpose.
Motor Pool Rates
Please use these rates when calculating a trip using a motor pool vehicle. Users of State Fleet vehicles are required to utilize State Fleet refueling sites in the State of North Dakota when they are in a city with those facilities. If there are any questions as to where these are located, please contact our office prior to travel.
|Vehicle Type||UND Rate Per Mile/HR*|
|Minivan - 7 Passenger||$0.643|
|Van - 12 & 15 Passenger||$0.743|
|Expedition - 6 Passenger||$0.643|
|Suburban - 6 Passenger||$0.743|
|Pickup, Ext. Cab, 4x4; 6 ft. box||$0.643|
|Cargo Van - Full Size||$0.743|
|Mini Cargo Van||$0.643|
*Please Note: Rates effective April 1st, 2014 and may be adjusted periodically.