Campus Security Policies
- Alcohol and Weapons
- Building Security Policy
- Campus Security Act
- Missing Student Protocol
- Surveillance Equipment
- Crime Reporting
- Blue Emergency Lights
- Safety Escort Program
- Sexual Violence Programs
- Share The Road
- Protecting Personal Property
- Personal Safety Tips
Protecting Personal Property
- Lock your door whenever you leave your room or apartment for ANY length of time or when you are sleeping. Always lock all car doors.
- Always remove all valuables such as CD’s, checkbooks and cash from your vehicle.
- Never prop open any door.
- Protect all valuables in your room. Do not leave valuables like wallets, jewelry, credit cards, cash and computers in plain view.
- Do not loan your keys to anyone.
- Never hide your keys outside of your apartment or room. Do not put your name or address on your keys.
- Take all valuable items home with you during vacations and breaks.
- In public places keep your valuable items out of sight or in a safe place. If you must leave an area for any length of time, take personal items with you.
- Itemize your possessions on a file card. Record the description and serial number and keep purchase receipts and brochures on equipment purchased. This can be provided to the UND Police Department for identification purposes if an item is lost or stolen.
Steps to follow to ensure the safety of your bicycle or other vehicle:
- Engrave your student ID number on your bicycle and keep a record of your vehicle's serial number along with a photograph.
- Lock all vehicles when parked.
- Use a high quality lock. The lock should have a double locking mechanism with heel and toe locking. “U” bolt locks are the best for bicycles. Place the chain, cable or lock through both wheels, the frame and around the bicycle rack. Take the wheels and seat with you if they are removable.
- If your vehicle or bicycle is stolen call the UND Police Department immediately (777-3491).