- What is Counseling?
- Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Psychiatric Consultations
- Privacy Practices
- Psychology Internship
- Psychology Doctoral Practicum
- Master's Counseling Practicum
- Clinical GSA Practicum
Math Placement at UND
We are excited you are attending UND! We want to give you some information regarding math placement. Placement into a math course is based on your ACT or SAT score. These actions are in accordance with NDUS Policy 402.1.2 – Admission Policies – Student Placement into College Courses. Placement is as follows:
ACT Math subscores 0-20 – may enroll in Math 102
ACT Math subscores 21-25 – may enroll in Math 103, 105, or 107
ACT Math subscores 26-36 – may enroll in Math 103, 105, 107, 146, or 208
ACT Math subscores 28-36 – may enroll in Math 103, 105, 107, 146, 165 or 208
A portion of Policy 402.1.2 allows for the use of SAT for placement purposes into Math 103.
The current SAT scores and placement into Math 103 are as follows:
SAT Critical (Reading+Math) score of 0-989 – may enroll in Math 102
SAT Critical (Reading+Math) score of 990 or higher – may enroll in Math 103
If you have AP, IB, transfer, or dual credit, you may be placed into the appropriate math course based on the transferability of the course(s) you have taken. Remember to have a copy of your official transcript sent to UND prior to your orientation session date.
The COMPASS exam may be used if a student wishes to demonstrate ability in a course beyond what the ACT or SAT exam allows him/her to enter. If you have questions regarding the need to take the COMPASS exam please contact the UND Student Success Center at 701-777-2117.
To take COMPASS exam at UND
Contact UND Testing Services at 701-777-4157 to schedule an exam.
To take COMPASS exam at a remote location
Steps for Registration - Taking COMPASS at another location
Please Note: You will need to request remote access from UND at least 48 hours prior to scheduling the exam at your remote location. Your remote access is valid for 45 days. If you do not take the exam within 45 days you will be required to contact UND to request permission again.
1) Contact the UND Testing Services office at 701-777-4157 and tell them that you would like to register to take a REMOTE COMPASS exam. To find remote locations, log on to the following website http://www.act.org/compass/sites/index.html. Prior to calling the UND Testing Services office, verify that the location at which you wish to take the COMPASS exam is a remote test provider.
2) UND will then register you to take our placement test at the site you indicate. (Note: This does not schedule you to take the exam.)
3) This registration can usually be competed in only a few minutes and over the phone. This is subject to change due to staff availability.
4) Once this process is finished you will get an email from ACT with a registration number – PRINT AND SAVE THIS EMAIL. You will use this registration number when you take the remote exam.
5) If you do not get a confirmation from ACT you need to contact UND again – the remote testing site cannot give you our exam without your registration number. (This process ensures that you will be able to automatically forward your scores to UND as soon as you finish with the exam.)
6) You will then receive, usually within 48 hours, another email that is from your remote site. This email confirms they have received your registration information and typically includes instructions for your testing site, hours of operations, and that you can schedule an exam time with them.
7) Contact your testing site to schedule your exam.