- What is Counseling?
- Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Psychiatric Consultations
- Privacy Practices
- Psychology Internship
- Psychology Doctoral Practicum
- Master's Counseling Practicum
- Clinical GSA Practicum
Crisis Coordination Team
The Crisis Coordination Team
A network of campus colleagues, the Crisis Coordination Team is operated through the Dean of Students Office. Members are available to assist with emergencies involving UND students 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Crisis situations included major accidents, missing students, sickness that interferes with attending classes, death, suicidal ideations, situations involving self-harm, psychological trauma and sexual violence.
Contacting the Crisis Coordination Team
- Week days between 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Call the Dean of Students Office at (701) 777-2664.
- During weekends, evenings, or University holidays: Call (701) 777-3491. Your call may be answered through the Grand Forks County law enforcement dispatch desk. Please advise the officer you wish to speak to a UND Crisis Coordination Team member.
What can you expect?
- When a Crisis Team member is contacted about a student's well-being, that student will be contacted by a Dean of Students or University Housing staff member.
- ALTRU hospital typically contacts a Community Violence Intervention Center(CVIC) volunteer when the emergency room staff suspect violence, including sexual violence.
- When UND staff have information about a student who is under the age of 21 having a medical emergency, including an overdose of alcohol or other drugs, the parent(s) will be called.
National Helpline Information
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) (24 hrs/day)
- National Hopeline Network
- 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
- Text Telephone: 1-800-799-4TTY (1-800-799-4889)
- Military Veterans Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (Press 1)
- Suicide Hotline in Spanish: 1-888-628-9454
- LGBT Youth Suicide Hotline: 1-866-4-U-TREVOR
* Emergency: 911 (24 hrs/day)
* UND Counseling Center: 701-777-2127 (24 hrs/day)
* UND Dean of Students: 701-777-2664 (8:00am to 4:30pm M-F)
* Crisis Coordination Team: 701-777-2664 (8:00am to 4:30pm M-F)
* Crisis Coordination Team: 701-777-3491 (Evenings & Weekends)
* UND Campus Police: 701-777-3491 (24 hours)
* UND Housing Office: 701-777-4251 (8:00am to 4:30pm M-F)
- Residence Hall Information: 701-777-3565
* UND Facilities Maintenance: 701-777-2591 (24 hrs/day)
* UND Student Health: 701-777-4500 (24 hours)
* UND Women's Center: 701-777-4300 (8:00am to 4:30pm M-F)
* UND Information: 701-777-4321 (8:00am to 4:30pm M-F)
Grand Forks Community Services
* Emergency (Ambulance, Fire, Police): 911
* Abuse and Rape Crisis Hotline: 701-746-8900 (24 hrs)
* Community Violence Intervention Center: 701-746-0405 (Days)
* Community Violence Intervention Center: 701-749-8900 (evenings)
* Grand Forks County Social Services: 701-787-8500
* Northeast Human Service Center: 701-795-3000
* Northeast Human Service Center Crisis Line: 701-775-0525
* Grand Forks Police Department: 701-787-8000 (24 hours)
* Grand Forks Sheriff Department: 701-780-8280
* Emergency Room: 701-780-5280
* Main Switchboard: 701-780-5000
* Room Information: 701-780-5234
* Clinic: 701-780-6000
* Family Medicine Residency: 701-780-6800 (on UND campus)
Counseling Center staff participates in the UND Campus Life and Safety Team (CLAST) by providing 24-hour back up and consultation to team members.