- What is Counseling?
- Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Substance Abuse
- Our Educational Approach
- Psychology Internship
- Master's Internship/Doctoral Practicum
- Doctoral GSA Practicum
Master's Internship and Doctoral Practicum
Please see the application and position description (link on right) for extensive details about the Master’s Internship and Doctoral Practicum position. The eligibility requirements for application and general layout of activities are summarized below.
To be eligible for a Master’s internship/Doctoral Practicum position at the UCC, candidates must:
- Have completed graduate course work in such areas as Personality Theories, Counseling Methods, Career Counseling, Psychological Testing, Couple Counseling, Multicultural Counseling, Group Counseling, and Practicum.
- Provide evidence of successful completion of a previous practicum, which includes at least some direct contact to individuals, career, or couples.
- Meet ethical criteria that do not constitute an inappropriate dual relationship with the UCC staff.
- Have a record free from any ethical or legal violation or grievance related to providing human services and be free from any psychological impairment that could interfere with the ability to provide mental health services.
|1. Counseling Sessions||7-11||8-12|
|Total Trainee Hours Per Week||16-20||16-20|
***Please note that the breakdown of the hours will vary over time. At the beginning of each semester, client contact hours will be lower and gradually increase as the semester progresses.
Application and Position Description
Application Due 2.1.18
Direct Inquires To:
Rhandi Clow, PhD
UCC Training Director