Do I Need Help? Counseling
- What is Counseling?
- Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Psychiatric Consultations
- Privacy Practices
- Psychology Internship
- Psychology Doctoral Practicum
- Master's Counseling Practicum
- Clinical GSA Practicum
Master's Counseling Practicum
To be eligible for a Masters-Level internship at the University Counseling Center, a candidate must:
- Have successfully completed course work in personality theory, counseling methods, career counseling and practicum with at least 10 hours of direct contact providing counseling to clients.
- Have no less than two years elapsed since last receiving counseling/therapy at the University Counseling Center or from a Center staff member.
- Have a record that is free from any ethical/legal violation or grievance related to providing human services and be free from any psychological impairment that will interfere with the ability to provide mental health services.
The typical Masters-Level internship will include the following activities - and the time devoted to each.
|1)||Counseling Sessions and Intake||1 - 7*|
|3)||On-Call Crisis Hours||1 - 3|
|9)||Cofacilitation of Group Therapy & Supervision||2|
|10)||Substance Abuse Prevention Programming||1|
|11)||UCC Outreach Project||1|
|18 - 20|
*Hours may vary.