- What is Counseling?
- Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Psychiatric Consultations
- Privacy Practices
- Psychology Internship
- Psychology Doctoral Practicum
- Master's Counseling Practicum
- Clinical GSA Practicum
With special attention to promoting diversity, the University Counseling Center empowers all students to reach their fullest potential while providing challenging self-growth opportunities through a full-range of therapeutic interventions and training opportunities.
- Integrity: Commitment to ethical standards and equality, and to the service of all individuals with dignity and respect.
- Compassion: Commitment to understand and connect to the experience of individuals we serve.
- Autonomy: Commitment to the independence and decision-making capacity of the individuals we serve.
- Collaboration: Commitment to foster and sustain internal and campus-wide partnerships in a collegial manner that is consistently professional, respectful, and empathic.
- Innovation: Commitment to seek, implement, and maintain evidence-informed treatment strategies.
- Balance: Commitment to promote and practice health and wellness, personal and professional.
Our vision is to raise awareness of positive mental health and increase accessibility and visibility of cutting edge services. As part of the Health & Wellness unit, in the Division of Student Affairs, the UCC supports and promotes mental and physical health advocating therapeutic lifestyle changes to aide in student success. Clinical services include individual, group, couples, and career counseling, as well as comprehensive, fully licensed chemical dependency treatment programs. These evidence-informed services allow us to continue to grow and serve as advocates for the University of North Dakota students throughout their developmental and academic journeys. In addition, as part of the University community we maintain an active educational mission that includes a practicum training program and an American Psychological Association accredited doctoral psychology internship program. Finally, our pro-active outreach program provides educational and preventative services to the campus community.