Do I Need Help? Counseling
- What is Counseling?
- Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Psychiatric Consultations
- Privacy Practices
- Psychology Internship
- Psychology Doctoral Practicum
- Master's Counseling Practicum
- Clinical GSA Practicum
Psychology Doctoral Practicum
To be eligible for a University Counseling Center Doctoral Practicum Position, a candidate must:
- Have completed graduate level course work in theories of personality, counseling methods, psychological testing and career counseling.
- Provide evidence of successful completion of a previous practicum or internship that includes no fewer than 50 hours providing counseling or therapy to either individuals or couples.
- Have no less than two years elapsed since last receiving counseling/therapy at the University Counseling Center or from a Center staff member.
- Have a record that is free from any ethical or legal violation or grievance related to providing human services and be free from any psychological impairment that would interfere with the ability to provide mental health services.
The typical Doctoral Practicum experience will include the following activities - and the time devoted to each.
|1)||Counseling Sessions and Intake||1 - 5*|
|3)||On-Call Crisis Hours||2 - 3|
|9)||Cofacilitation of Group Therapy & Supervision||1|
|18 - 20|
*Hours may vary.